A Springtime getaway to the amazing Amsterdam and only 1 day off work.
Explore Amsterdam, a lovely destination year round, but from mid-March to mid-May the tulips are in bloom, making it the perfect Springtime getaway. Amsterdam airport is one of the busiest and most efficient in Europe, so it is quick and easy to reach the city from any major city. Hop on a flight after work on Thursday and enjoy three whole days in The Netherland's capital.
At a Glance
- Designed for: Couples, close friends, solo travellers.
- When: Spring (March, April, May)
- Duration: 3 nights/4 days
- Activities: Explore the canals, Flower Market, Bars and Restaurants.
- Package cost: from $1000 per person (including airfare).
- Take a flight after work.
- We'll arrange public transport from the airport to your hotel for the local experience. (upgrade available)
- Wake up at a leisurely hour and enjoy breakfast in the hotel. The shops and museums of Amsterdam have late opening times.
- Wander through the canals and make your way to a recently restored museum, a huge historic building dedicated to Dutch art from the Middle Ages to the current day.
- For lunch head to a modern eatery showcasing seasonal ingredients and contemporary cooking techniques. Choose from the 3, 4 or 5 course menus and a mystery series of delicious food will be delivered to you at your table.
- Enjoy wandering round the '9 Lanes' before picking up a snack at a historic shop which only sells one thing... delicious double chocolate cookies with an oozing white chocolate centre.
- If you need a caffeine pick-me-up we'll suggest some good options in the centre of town.
- Head for an indulgent dinner in a cool industrial setting.
- Coffee Fans should walk to a great Cafe, where the expert baristas will make you the perfect flat white. If you are hungry there is a delectable display of cakes and pastries.
- Spend a few hours looking round the shops on Haarlemmerstraat. Don’t miss Sukha for desirable homeware and Restored for pretty accessories.
- Enjoy lunch at a trendy restaurant on the South Bank of the IJ River. The restaurant was once a pop-up establishment but due to popularity opened in it's permanent home at Spring House in 2015. (Tip - the kitchen particularly excel with the vegetarian courses).
- Head to the Amsterdam Flower Market and admire the beautiful blooms, open in every season.
- Freshen up at the hotel and head to one of the world's 50 best bars. Sit at the bar and choose the 'Bartender's Ketchup' cocktail and you won't be disappointed.
- Head to a classy eatery for dinner near the Hotel. Whatever you do don't miss the meatball starter!
Day 4 – Departure
- Wake up slowly over a delicious brunch and speciality coffee.
- In this area there are several shops worth visiting – we have a few to recommend in particular!
- Spend the afternoon on bikes or resting your legs with a calm boat tour round the canals.
- Head to the airport for your flight home. (upgrade available)*
You'll be staying in a beautiful luxurious hotel centrally located and full of charming thoughtful details.
The hotel even has it's own boat for stunning private tours of the famous canals, or you can rent one of their bicycles for the day to see the city from a locals viewpoint!
Upgrade to a private transfer to and from the airport/hotel for extra comfort & convenience.
Your Trip in Photos
Your stunning home for the weekend.
Stylish room service breakfast.
Canal Houses of Amsterdam.
Brilliant and creative vegetarian dishes.
Speciality coffee, only in Amsterdam.
Meet the Influencer
"Hi there! I am a singer, fashionista, eater, arts enthusiast, writer and blogger, living in London excitedly making the most of this dynamic city.
My childhood was spent exploring the stage and the world of music and drama; my student life was consumed entirely by the thrills of art, music and fashion. I balance my time between singing in a retro jazz band and running around town trying to see and do everything I can.
I began my blog, Thoroughly Modern Milly in April 2010 and I also write as a guest blogger for Visit London, Coupobox and as a special columnist for On The Fringe."
Looking for a new adventure?
Get the latest packages delivered right to your inbox