Take a break visiting the dreamy village of Hallstatt in Austria for a truly memorable trip. It's been built using tips and recommendations from travel blogger Kyle, who runs The Far Away Guide.
At a Glance
- Ideal for: Couples, friends
- When to go: Spring - Autumn
- Duration: 2 nights/3 days
- Activities: Hiking, boat rides, viewpoints and paragliding
- Package cost: from $500 per person (including airfare).
Day 1 - Arrive and Explore
- Arrive via train from Salzburg to Hallstatt Bahnhst.
- Take the ferry across the beautiful Hallstatt Lake towards the village.
- Check-in, relax and take your time. Once ready head out and explore the local area.
- Enjoy dinner at a fantastic family run restaurant which is close to Marktplatz/the main square. (We can book you a table.)
Day 2 - Explore
- Start your day by hiring a Paddle board or Row Boat for some active fun on the lake.
- Enjoy lunch along the waterfront at a cute restaurant where you can get salads, seafood and other dishes.
- In the afternoon get Bus 543 from Hallstatt to the Obertraun Dachstein Cable Car.
- Take the cable car up the mountain (to the second stop) and walk 20 minutes to Five Fingers, where you'll be at the highest lookout point over the lake and will be presented with breathtaking views.
- After enjoying the views get the cable car or paraglide down to Obertraun.
- Eat dinner in Obertraun before heading back across to the Hallstatt village. (We can book you a table.)
Day 3 - Departure
- Feel free to explore the village a bit more before you leave.
- Take the ferry back across the lake to the train station.
- Depart on the train towards Salzburg.
During your stay you'll be at a beautiful and newly renovated B&B, where you'll get fantastic views over Hallstatt village and lake.
Your Trip in Photos
Your lovely home for the weekend.
The view from your room..
Lake views from Hallstatt.
The most delicious home made strudel.
Local architecture and chalets in Hallstatt.
Five Fingers lookout.
Looking for a new adventure?
Get the latest packages delivered right to your inbox